We consider sustainability initiatives to be an important social mission, and promote initiatives that consider the global environment and society in all areas of our corporate activities through our core business. Based on this basic sustainability policy, we will carry out various activities and aim to realize a sustainable future together with society.
Identification of the materiality (important issues) and SDGs
We have identified the materiality to be resolved in terms of our business characteristics and future business strategy. We believe that working to resolve these issues through our core business will lead to the achievement of sustainable growth for our company. In addition, we will conduct business with the conviction that it will achieve the SDGs, which are the goals of society as a whole.
Please see here for the materiality and SDGs.
Policy for Sustainability Initiatives
We hereby declare our basic policy to address the identified materiality.
- Pursuit of quality
We will strive to improve the quality and safety of our products and services in order to meet user expectations and improve customer satisfaction.
- Reduction of environmental load
In consideration of the preservation of the global environment, we will promote initiatives to reduce environmental impact, such as reducing greenhouse gas emissions, efficiently utilizing natural resources, and minimizing waste.
- Respect for Human Rights and Diversity
We respect the human rights and diversity of all people involved in our business, including employees and business partners, and make efforts to fulfill our social responsibilities.
- Ensuring employee health and safety
Based on the recognition that the health and safety of our employees is of utmost importance, we will enhance the systems required of a company and undertake initiatives such as the maintenance of necessary equipment and fixtures.
- Coexistence with Local societies
Based on the conviction that good relationships with local societies support our business continuity, we will actively develop social contribution activities.
- Strengthening corporate governance
In order to maximize corporate value, we will strive to strengthen corporate governance, including appropriate decision-making by management, highly transparent information disclosure, thorough risk management, and compliance.
Participation in Initiatives
Sustainability Management Structure
From January 2023, we have assigned the role of promoting sustainability to the Headquarters Administration Division as a Sustainability Management Structure for the entire YAMADA Group. The management headquarters receives the strategies decided by the management team, and the policies and guidelines are disseminated from the management headquarters to each department of the head office and production sites that makes up the global network, and instructions and monitoring of on-site operations.
Sustainability Management Structure
Role of Administration departments Regarding Sustainability
- Formulation of strategies for the entire YAMADA Group to make solving social issues through business the basis of corporate activities through initiatives for sustainability.
- Identification of medium- to long-term sustainability risks and opportunities and materiality.
- 3. Formulate policies, guidelines, and operating procedures for sustainability initiatives, and set KPIs and targets for monitoring.
- Overseeing the progress of sustainability initiatives and advising on-site.
- Report to the Board of Directors business strategies related to sustainability that should be deliberated by the Board of Directors.
- Report to the Board of Directors on the status of sustainability initiatives.
We will redefine our stakeholders for our business and strive to communicate with each stakeholder regarding sustainability based on the following policy.
Trade shows and other events
|Supplier||Sustainable procurement briefing
|1 on 1 meetings between superiors||half period|
|Regular meetings with trade unions
Health and Safety Committee
|Communities||Activities contributing to local communities